Thank you, Tracy at FEC-THis for nominating me for this award. I am shocked; I have not been blogging long, and I am touched that I am inspiring anyone at all.
From what I understand, I am to post about this award and the blogger that nominated (see above), tell 7 (random) things about myself and nominate & notify 15 other very inspiring bloggers. Here goes!
1. I am an only child.
2. I have no children, and have never wanted any.
3. I love punk rock, classic rock, alt rock, and hip hop.
4. As much as I wanted to move to the big bad city when I was in high school, I have remained in my small town//rural area, and I love it.
5. A talking tropical bird with limited vocabulary once bit me on the foot.
6. I am a liberal, but I think I look conservative (few piercings, no tattoos, despite coming of age at a time everyone got them to express “individuality”).
7. As much as I kick against the idea that because I had cancer I was supposed to learn a big life changing lesson, I did actually learn that while I cannot expect life to be all rainbows and puppy dogs after cancer, I can sure as hell work to make it NOT miserable. I spent the last year excising things, people, and situations that made me miserable. So I am going through a mini-mid-life crisis in which I have reverted to behaving like my late teen/early 20s bratty self, and I LOVE it.
Since I am still new to blogging, I hope I am following proper etiquette in my nominations:
Lindsay Sarah Interrupted
Riding the BC Roller Coaster
My cancer journey
I Can’t Complain Any More Than Usual
My Eyes Are Up Here
The Pink Underbelly
Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer
The Sarcastic Boob
Susan’s Blog from Advocates 4 Breast Cancer (A4BC)