Join us for the Second Annual #BreastCancerRealityCheck Thunderclap campaign. In 2016 our message had a social media reach of over 200,000!
The #BreastCancerRealityCheck tweet: “Breast cancer stories are NEVER pink fairy tales. ~1,430 die per day. Tweet your truth!” will be sent out by the automated Thunderclap system at 10amPDT/1:00pmEDT/6:00pmBST on Saturday, October 7th from everyone who signs up.
The more people you sign up, the more ‘social media reach’ it gains as it will go out to all your followers–and maybe they will sign up and reach their followers, and so on…
Then There’s the Twitterstorm
After the automated Thunderclap tweet goes out on Saturday, October 7th it’s your turn to get tweeting!
For an hour, starting at 10amPDT/1:00pmEDT/6:00pmBST, please use #BreastCancerRealityCheck to FILL our timelines with info and personal stories that:
- Move beyond superficial “raising awareness” to focus on more education and research that will SAVE LIVES
- Dispel the myths about prevention and early detection
- Reveal the candid realities of people (women and men) living with ALL stages of breast cancer
- Provide less-known, harsh facts about secondary/metastatic breast cancer
- One of Breast Cancer Awareness Month’s favorite ‘pink fairy tale’ messages is that early detection saves lives. But what most people still don’t know is 20-30% of all early stage breast cancer will become metastatic breast cancer. THAT is the killer.
You can do your part to help stop that killer. Sign up for the Thunderclap tweet campaign. Participate in the one-hour twitterstorm. And keep using the #BreastCancerRealityCheck hashtag for the rest of October and beyond!