Yep, I am answering Nancy’s call to post 15 random facts about myself. Some of these facts may have appeared on past blogs—I apologize for the repeats!
- I am an only child—I’m sure that is apparent sometimes!
- My birthday is October 29, 1971. Why yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday!
- Yes, I’m almost 44 and I still cannot quite grasp that. I still think and act like I’m in my early 30s, or younger.
- I’m allergic to cats and still choose to be a pet sitter. Go figure. Probably says a lot about how I prefer animals to people.
- I do not like to drink milk out of a glass—it creeps me out. I prefer to plastic cups, or ceramic mugs—anything but glass.
- Like Nancy, I try to avoid politics on my blog, but I am a proud, flaming liberal. And not just because I benefited from Obamacare’s support for self-employed people with pre-existing conditions.
- Like Nancy, I cannot swim. It sucks because I’ve lived near the ocean my whole life.
- About the not-swimming/loving the beach: as I’ve aged, I’ve grown to hate the way sand gets everywhere. Yet I still love lounging on the beach—looking at the water, hearing the seagulls and people enjoying their day. So in short, can’t swim, don’t like sand and still love putting myself at the beach. Weird.
- Also about the not-swimming: I intend to learn because I want to learn to surf. I still fantasize about chucking it all, moving to Hawaii (or other surf-centric location) and just living simply and surfing every day.
- Never say never, but I’ve worked in retail and for a non-profit arts organization, and both experiences left me sour. I hope to never work in those fields again.
- I am a dog person when the weather is great and I want to be outside, walking and playing with a dog. I am a cat person when the weather is rainy (like today) or snowy, cold. Talk about a fair weather friend!
- I love to drive fast. I want to drive on the Autobahn. Or become a NASCAR racer.
- I love cooking, but hate baking. Baking breads and cakes calls for too much precision. Cooking meals is my creative outlet, and precision stifles the creativity for me.
- I love vegetables but hate fruit.
- I like all kinds of fancy shmancy desserts, but at the end of the day, my favorite will always be Tastykake chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing (no cream filling, I HATE cream fillings)!
22 thoughts on “15 Random Facts About Me”
Great list! I can relate to some of them: # 6, 7, 9, 10 and 13. I totally agree with #3, I see you as someone in her early 30’s. That’s a good thing! I feel mentally older. I want to feel young again.
Thanks for sharing some facts about yourself.
Ha I wondered if I presented as my age!
I’m kind of thinking #13 is more than random. You’d be surprised how often when I say I like to cook people automatically think cakes and bread. I’m like, “no, REAL food”. I really don’t understand that! I guess that’s why I put it here, ya know?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love this post!
Awesome post!! We have many things in common. 🙂
Oh I am sure we do–and so glad! Hope you are settling in from your move OK!
I am happy to hear that you, too, are liberal and proud of it. Of course, I sort of suspected as much. I love how you’re a pet sitter. I used to be allergic to cats and that’s why we never had one. Then after cancer, dear hubby wanted to adopt a kitty dear daughter was fostering and I said why the hell not. And walla, no more allergic reaction. I say the chemo killed that too. So that’s how we came to be a cat-loving-owning family too. And Ninja (our cat) is totally spoiled of course. I had to chuckle learning that you are also a non-swimmer. And yes, that sand everywhere can be annoying, but that doesn’t bother me much. Of course I live in a very land-locked region of the country…. Loved reading your list. So glad you took up this little challenge. It was fun. Thanks for participating!
Ha ha, I’m sure lots of little things sort of “seep out”–so yep I can see you suspected my liberalism and more, I bet!
Thank you for setting out this challenge. I’ve been mentally clogged–my many posts are “stuck” and I cannot seem to finish any of them. This helped clear out some cobwebs.
Reading your list helps me to know you better and understand why. You are an amazingly PRESENT woman with no pretense about you. Thanks for sharing….
Wow thank YOU!
Great to get to know you. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with non-profit arts. I’m a teaching artist so I know how wonderful/difficult it can be. Who did you work for and what did you do?
Oh wow, teaching artist–that has got to be hard. Is it with very young children? I just worked for a local film appreciation group. I created and executed indie film exhibitions in partnership with other organizations. Entailed discussions and what not for some of them. It is harder work than it sounds, ya know?
I work with all ages. I like to say that I will work with ages 4-94!
Any kind of community outreach is difficult, so I hear what you’re saying.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I did the 15 Random Things, as well, and every time I read someone else’s, I want to add to my list! For example: sand, yuck. And not feeling our age (I’m 40 but am not just coming to terms with the fact that the 20 somethings don’t notice me anymore).
Oh thank you! Of course, physically I feel my age, maybe older, but my mindset is younger. But good to know I’m not the only one! And yes, I read other 15 things and think, oh I should’ve put that into mine! Thanks for commenting.
I found your list so interesting! I also kind of prefer animals to people and, like you, am a proud liberal. I can swim, but only do so in pools. I’m afraid of the ocean because of the movie Jaws, which I know is fiction, but I just don’t want to wind up on a shark’s dinner plate. Thank you for letting us in on your world and letting us get to know you better!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Beth–oh my goodness, I’m watching the original Jaws right now, and just saw the surfer escape a shark during a a competition. Geez, isn’t shark week over?!